So here it is. The inevitable "Why did I start a blog?" post. It's a question that I can answer fairly easily actually. Alex has got one, Shane has got one and so I've decided to jump on this packed bandwagon.
It's also somewhere for me to store my thoughts outside of my head, somewhere where the random paths that my mind goes down during the day can be put down and logged, not for any particular reason, apart from allowing those on the internet to know the right direction to point when the police come a-knocking.
But seriously, if I manage to survive sixth form, university and any eventual forays into the real world, I'd like to know what I was thinking back then when I never really had any real problems and those I did have were only crises because I made them so. While it might be easy to remember what we were doing at this time yesterday, it's much harder to remember what we were doing at this time last year, and nigh on impossible to remember what we were thinking at that time. In this way I see this blog as a potential time capsule, so that I can look back and see how up myself I was, or how I was affected by some major, as yet unknown, event in my life.
I'm not really known for my works of literary genius (B at AS does not a Dan Brown make...), so I'll probably be keeping this simple; sporadic posts on topics I think about, or discuss with other like minded people during the day. I'll just see where it takes me.
To conclude (You'll see this phrase a lot), this blog is mostly for me, whether that's me now or a slightly better informed me in the future is not definite. From how I've written what I have it's fairly obvious that I intend for it to be read by others, so it's not just a diary 2.0. I'd like feedback on the things I'm thinking, and although I can't offer florid prose and poetry or detailed Irish history I can offer my thoughts on the experiences I go through, and while they're most likely not of interest to everybody, for me it's a start.
Monday, 31 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi there.
did you know that Alf got a free $500 MACY'S GIFT CARD?!?!?
OMG. i've just sent off for mine too.
why don't you get one too from here:
www.iamstupidenoughtoclickonrandomlinksandwouldwelcomeanyonetophishmypasswordandsendmeanynumberofvirusesandadware.com
Hi there. Did you know Macy's are gay?
Good work Paul. I give you a month before you give up. Shane has one too? God that must be jokes.
Post a Comment